678 Victoria Road
Ryde NSW 2112
Telephone 02 8878 1400
Calvary Retirement Community Ryde LtdLCMHC Home
Welcome to Calvary Retirement Community Ryde
The Sisters of the Little Company of Mary owned the site at 678 Victoria Road Ryde from 1891. In August 1991 a 40 bed nursing home, Mary Potter Nursing Home was established which was extended to a 60 bed facility in February 1995 and is now a 63 bed facility. The nursing home has a 21 bed dementia specific unit which offers a secure environment for the special needs of residents. As part of the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary re-organizing some aspects of their Mission, ownership was vested in Little Company of Mary Health Care Limited, in 2011. LCMHC Limited continue to operate the site in accordance with the Traditions of the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary.
The Marian Hostel (low care) was opened in 1993 and is home to 48 permanent residents and one respite room.
There are 122 Independent Living Units comprising a mixture of two and three bedroom villas and apartments.
The Village facilities include beautiful landscaped gardens, a gazebo for functions, BBQ area, village bus for shopping and outings, resident workshop and vegetable garden, 24 hour emergency call monitoring system, auditorium, hairdressing salon, billiard room, table tennis, craft room, card playing room, library and reading room, pastoral care and a magnificent Chapel.
Residents are invited to participate in events organised by the residential aged care recreational officers and the independent living resident's social committee.
Dalton House is a magnificent heritage building offering residents and visitors the opportunity to walk back in time and houses many of the amenities for the residents of Calvary Ryde to enjoy.
Calvary Retirement Community Ryde is conveniently located on Victoria Road; access to the village is from Princes Street by car, with bus access from Victoria Road.
Pastoral Care is an important aspect of the village and the staff and volunteers provide Pastoral Care in all areas of the village. In choosing to inspect the facilities on offer at Calvary Ryde we know you will find our Mission an active and living element of the village.
Inspection of Calvary Ryde is by appointment only.
We welcome your visit, please telephone 8878 1400 to arrange an appointment.